The winner/winners will receive a plaque, a certificate of appreciation, and a cash prize of:
- The applicant can be an individual or a group.
- Each applicant must present only one work. The limit is one work per individual or team.
- The applicant must be the actual owner of the work and has all the evidence that they own all rights to the work and materials used.
- The applicant confirms that all information provided in the applicant forms is true and accurate. Providing false information will result in the revocation of participation and the withdrawal of the award in the event that it is won.
- If the applicant is younger than 18 years of age, he/she must provide authorisation signed by his/her guardian, including his guardian’s contact information.
- Individuals or teams not working within an organisation can nominate work that was published or broadcasted via any media outlet or media platform, including YouTube, social media, and the likes.
- Institutions whose teams can nominate their work include, but are not limited to the following:
- All types of media institutions, including state, public, private, local, and international institutions.
- Local, international, governmental, and non-governmental institutions and organisation, including associations and trade unions.
- Media and communication companies.
- Educational and academic institutions.
- International organisations.
- Other institutions that may provide creative media content related to Palestine.
- The work must have been broadcasted or published for the first time during 2018 or 2019, i.e. its first broadcasting or publishing date must be between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2019. Not work that has been published in any form before January 2018 or after 31 December 2019 will be accepted.
- The work must have been published or broadcasted via a printed or electronic media outlet, radio, television station, website social networking site, YouTube, or the Internet in any form.
- If the work is not originally in Arabic, it must be presented in its original language with Arabic translation.
- Still images or caricatures may be nominated if they are not alone and are part of a broader media work including written, audio, and/or visual work. No works that are solely still images or caricatures will be accepted.
- Various artworks will not be accepted as part of this competition, including songs, plays, sculptures, calligraphy, various paintings and drawings, music, etc.
- There are no fees to enter the competition. Application for the award is free.
- Participants are responsible for obtaining all permits and licensing, including permission of the owner/owners of the intellectual property to use the materials in the competition or competition promotion.
- No entries will be accepted in person or by mail. All entries must be sent electronically via the award’s website linked to the Palestine International Forum for Media and Communication website through the following link https://award-apply.palmediaforum.org The Palestine International Forum for Media and Communication is not responsible for the confidentiality of the information received through the Internet, but it will take precautions to maintain the confidentiality of information and data received.
- In the event that any of the electronically attached files or links sent cannot be opened, the Palestine International Forum for Media and Communication will contact the applicant. If the applicant does not respond by sending the files correctly within a week of contact, the file will be discarded and their participation terminated.
- The submitted work must be to a professional standard (accurate information, objective, and credible without exaggeration) and within a proper and sound linguistic framework.
- It must have elements of creativity, innovation, and originality in one or more of the following aspects:
- Content (Including the idea, angle, delivery, method and results of field or research efforts and the methodologies/techniques used, choices, and priorities)
- Method of presentation (Including style, method, construction, plot, and details while maintaining clarity)
- Additional meanings (while maintaining clarity and focus)
- It must have exceptional depth and/or clear ability to influence the target audience
- For audio and/or visual submissions
- It must not exceed 2 hours (120 minutes).
- It must be sent as a YouTube or Vimeo link (not a file).
- For dialogue or documentary programmes (several episodes) or a drama series (several episodes) submissions, one episode must be chosen to represent the entire programme or series.
- For submissions that are a website, part of a website, a platform within a social networking platform, or the likes:
- It must be sent as a link.
- The website must be “active” during the time of judgement (Jan 2020 -May 2020) with an accurate URL.
- The total length of the audio/visual materials included must not exceed 2 hours (120 minutes) and the total written material must not exceed 3,000 words.
- The file accompanying the work submitted must include:
- The name of the individual or group and the name of the company or institution in the event the individual/team is part of one.
- Date of first publication/broadcast and where.
- Contact information for the individual applicant or the named member of a group must be provided, including email address, telephone number, and country of residence.
Conditions for promotion after announcement of award winners
The Palestine International Forum for Media and Communication reserves the right to publish details about the short-listed nominees and winners on its website and in any promotional materials it sees fit. By participating in this competition, the participants agree they are willing to participate in the promotional and advertisement activities, events, and/or press conferences. In the event they are shortlisted or win the award, they also agree that Palestine International Forum for Media and Communication has the right to use their names, pictures, country of residence (without mentioning their complete addresses), and other related information to advertise via all media outlets without notifying participants and without financial reimbursement.